Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Shift Pattern: 4on 3off, different shifts available, including weekends.
- Day Shift: 5.30am to 17:30
- Night Shift: 18:30 to 5:30am
Salary: £10.66-£14.00/hour -Days or £11.16-£14.50/hour-Nights
We are a prepared fruit specialist, supplying fresh, tasty, and innovative prepared fruit packs onto retailer shelves every day. Initially established in 2012, as part of BerryWorld Group, we are experts in fruits across many different categories, including tropical & exotic fruit, stone fruit, top fruit, and citrus. Our culture is rooted in innovation, quality and community and our motto of Fresh Cut, Fresh Thinking™ epitomises our ways of working, driving, and embracing change with a can-do attitude.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Machine Operator, ideally with background in food production/manufacturing, to join our team on permanent basis.
- Takes full responsibility over any machine to ensure that is efficient
- Any damages or major downtimes are reported to the Supervisor
- Carry out machinery start up checks and report anomalies
- Ensure safe use of our facilities and equipment, while also ensuring safe working environment
- Ensure the safety, legality and quality of our products, while ensuring CCP’s are adhered to
- Liaise daily with Team Leaders on production targets
- Set example and enforce company policies and procedures
- Deputises on Team Leader absence
- Train other machine operators to entry level status
- The role involves some manual handling and the ability to withstand working in cold storage conditions on a daily basis
- The role requires an alert disposition, working in the vicinity of PPT and moving machinery and moving machinery
- 100% paperwork completion
- Zero non-conformances
- OEE to run at 70%-line efficiency
What are we looking for?
- Good reading and writing - English standard
- Good emotional control (EI)
- GT machine operation (advantageous)
Why Work for Us
Competitive Salary with onsite parking
28 days annual leave (pro rata/inclusive of bank holiday)
Welcoming and supportive environment
Excellent training and development opportunities
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to HRPrepworld@Prepworld.com